Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DNR Step Failing
jmcdonald
Using OpenDeploy 5.5.2, on Windows 2000....
We have two nearly identical OpenDeploy tasks deploying content to two target servers that are identical. At the end am running a DNR step. The DNR works on one target server , fails on the other. I suspect a permissions problem.
What "identity" or account does the DNR task run under?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If the receiver is running as root, I believe the spawned DNR process runs as the user who invoked the deployment. You can use the "as" attribute to override this.
If the receiver is running as a non-root user (who presumably doesn't have su authority), then the DNR will run as the user who owns the OpenDeploy receiver process.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
Todd, they're on Windows - the preservation of the identity of the user who initiated the deployment is only on Unix isn't it?
On Windows isn't it essentially run as SYSTEM regardless of who initiated the deployment? And the 'as' attribute doesn't apply on Windows if I recall correctly.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Oops, I missed that. You're right, on Windows the initiating user and the "as" attribute don't come into play.
I think on Windows the DNR will run as the user who owns the OD process (service).
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com