Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
<localhost timeout setting>
swong74
I have patched OD to 1418 and have been told that I can now implement a timeout from the base server side and from the KB article it said socket inactivity. So, I assumed that by setting timeout=10 (seconds), a deployment to a down OD receiver would timeout after 10 seconds. However, my initial test showed that it failed after 2:53 minutes.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <deploymentConfiguration>
<localNode host="IL06WEB101" timeout="10" />
- <replicationFarmSet>
- <replicationFarm name="swong1-farm" quorum="">
<nodeRef useNode="swong1" />
from View Deployments (I get this consistently) :
testrcvr-swong1 (m21) 2/19/04 4:07 PM 10.79.37.55(swong1.swong1-def) failed 0:02:53
Or is this because of a retry? Can I set retry to 0 because I really don't need a retry for this deployment. I use it to monitor my receivers to automatically take out web server from the cluster.
Thanks.
Ciao ?:-)
S. Wong
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The deployment should decide to timeout after 10 seconds or whatever value you specify, but it may take longer to actually terminate depending upon the state of the deployment. I believe it has to do with the handshake protocol between sender and targets.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com