Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Changing lock owner
B80116
In a workflow I am designing, an editor adds some files (which were locked by him) to a user task. In a subsequent external task, I would like to change the lock owner of these files to a different person. (I want to do this to ensure that no one, even the original editor of the files, changes them.)
Can this be done?
I'm thinking that I can write a script to be called from the external task that uses iwunlock.exe and iwlock.exe to change the lock owner of all the files in the file list. Does this sound plausible?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Assuming that the externaltask is owned by someone who has master priveledges, then yes, that should probably work.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com