Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy UNC Paths
patchygreen
Hello All,
I am using Open Deploy 5.5.1. I understand UNC paths in the Allowed Directory field are not supported in this release.
Can you confirm if this has been allowed in later releases, or if there is a workaround. I am searching through posts but have not found a workable solution yet.
Thanks a lot!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe the work-around is to create mapped drives and deploy to them - i.e. X:/target/area
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
patchygreen
Hi Fish,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I was thinking of doing this but was concerned about whether mappings would be retained for all OpenDeploy Users and also if they would withstand a reboot on the target server.
I suppose the answer would be a persistent mapping but it would be nice if UNC were supported!
catorarn
Hi Patrick,
Interwoven are investigating into adding this functionality into OD6 which is the next version of OD being released. The feature description is:
OD should support Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path names for the source or target of deployments. UNC affords a method of identifying a shared file without the need to specifically identify the device the file is stored on. Under Windows a file might be identified by
c:\abc\foo
while under UNC the file might carry the identifier
\\machinename\sharename\abc\foo
kindest regards,
Interwoven Support EMEA
Migrateduser
If you are a customer or partner and have an interest in this feature, please contact tech support to have your company attached to Feature Request 32946. Thanks.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
lhdavis
I was wondering if this FR has been incorporated in OD 6 or OD 6.0.1. I did not find it when I RTFM. This is something we are very interested at my client site.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, no, this feature hasn't been implemented.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
lhdavis
Thanks Todd. I've added my company to the list of users for this feature request.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
cnelson
Does anyone have a valid workaround for this? Even if mapping a drive, my understanding is that's only in the context of the user who is logged in, the OD service can't see the drive letters, since it's running in it's own context.
Edited by cnelson on 02/01/05 03:06 PM (server time).
Gregg Faus
I've had success mapping a permanent drive under the same user that runs the OD service. This was used in conjunction with a reverse deployment of logs from a web server to a WebTrends server.