Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
User creation on MS clustered TS server
System
Hi,
I'm using TS 5.5.2 SP3 on Win2K with MS clustering.
I've made the iw-store a common resource between the 2 machines.
All the configuration files (i.e. $iw-home) folder is duplicated on both the machines.
Only one of the machines runs TS at a time.
Now when I want to add a TS user, I need to add to both the machines manually (in $iw-home\conf\roles\author.uid file).
In fact all the configuration changes need to be done on both the machines manually.
Is this the way its supposed to behave?
Is there any way by which all the configuration changes can be automatically be done on the other machine?
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I got the confirmation from the support, that the configuration needs to be ducplicated.
Any changes done on one machine have to be manually copied to another machine.
The same goes for user creation.
Koen
can't you use active directory or LDAP? That will simplify maintaining the users.
Ha, you could also use opendeploy to synchronise the files.
Koen
Migrateduser
Hi Koen,
We are already using Active Directory.
I was talking about creating an entry in role.uid file which needs to be done on both the servers.
OpenDeploying the config files sounds like a good idea.
We'll look into it.
Thanks.
sunil_j
Hi,
Can we user any other LDAP Server for user authentication on a Windows 2000 Server Running TeamSite 5.5.2 or it has to be Windows Active Directory ?
I do not have Windows Active Directory, can I use Novel eDirectory NDS for User authentication ?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)