Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Presentation Template Error
rpjoseph
Good Morning everybody. I am glad to be back in here!! Thank you in advance for any help with this.
Teamsite 5.5.2 with Templating on Solaris
I receive the following error in my presentation template:
Template Preview And Generate Error:
Error in presentation template:/default/main/someDir/Internet/WORKAREA/EDS/templatedata/someCategory/someType/presentation/myPresentationTemplate.tpl
I still get the error after I simpfied the presentation template to:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<iw_pt name="my Template">
HELLO
</iw_pt>
If the template only contains :
HELLO
It works??
I tried running iwpt_compile with -ocode, etc. and the error I get doesn;t help me at all.
What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any advice
Robert Joseph
Senior Web Engineer
CNF Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
Robert,
What happens if your template looks like this?
<iw_pt encoding="UTF-8" name="just a test"/>
Hello, version 2
That should work as well.
Paul Flory
rpjoseph
Thank you for your help. I finally found the problem. I was using UltraEdit 32 to edit the template.cfg file and it was adding a control character to the top of the file. Being new to Solaris I had not seen this before. I used TextEdit instead and viola! no more problem.
Thank you
Robert Joseph
Senior Web Engineer
CNF Inc.
Adam Stoller
You should be able to configure UltraEdit to save files in "Unix Format" or some such - to avoid that kind of problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com