Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite login page
AndyJ
Hi,
I have added some texts in the /iw-home/httpd/webapps/webdesk/teamsite/login.jsp, but somehow after i restart the teamsite 5.5 it is nothing changed. Can someone tell me how? Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
See my thread here:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=314
It is likely you need to recompile the web application. Then reset the services.
AndyJ
Cool, it works. Thanks so much!
Migrateduser
If you do make changes to the login.jsp page (which is not a supported product feature), be sure you keep a copy of your page outside of the httpd directory. If you upgrade your system later, or if you run install_webapps.ipl, the standard version of the JSP page may be reinstalled.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Gregg Faus
That is a good idea. I use Visual Source Safe to manage all of my changed files. I would recommend a source control system to anyone really. You should be storing your configuration settings, app mods, visual format configs, etc...
Backups just don't give you the version info you might need.
JonathonG
Of course, you have a source control system already...its called TeamSite
We actually keep all of our customized code in a separate branch in TeamSite. There are some advanced SCM features that TeamSite isn't best for, but for basic versioning of TeamSite customizations, a code branch works well.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Gregg Faus
I guess I always figured that if TeamSite was down and I need to find a file that I'd be screwed. Mounting the backing store on a different TS server wouldn't be all that friendly.
The only thing I don't use TS for is storing the config's I mentioned above and .NET solution, project, and code behind files.
Migrateduser
It's sometimes a good idea to write a process that backs up specific workareas and such (like this one containing code/config) in addition to your enterprise backup. That way under certain types of problems you have liquid backups instead of just tape, which requires the entire backing store be restoed.
JonathonG
I would generally say that you probably need a couple of "bootstrap" files stored outside of TeamSite that will allow you to get your backing store into an accessible state. At the moment, I can only think of the iw.cfg that would be pertinent to getting the server process up enough to get at your code branch. I figure if TeamSite is down due to some kind of hardware or OS problem, getting access to my custom code is probably the least of my worries.
Just my $0.02 worth,
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor