Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Content Containers
MahmoodA
Hello All,
I was wondering if there was anyway to add multiple content containers at once. Currently, one has click and add a replicant one-by-one. When you have over fifty of these containers, the process of adding containers tends to become very slow.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Not OOTB through the UI.
I see two possibilities: (1) do it at the raw file level and embed the instances of the replicant into the DCR
(2) do with FormAPI - I'm not sure if/how this can be done, but something like provide a field you can type (or select) a number in, then hit a button, and have FormAPI add the containers for you --- I'm not sure if this is possible, just an idea.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
Unfortunately, with the current state of FormAPI, there's no way to accomplish the second option. There is no FormAPI function for adding or removing replicants
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Adam Stoller
Hmm - I was afraid of that - however you could use FormAPI to do a CallServer() which calls a script which manipulates the DCR structure by adding all the replicant fields and then calls back to the DCT/DCR.
Two problems I see with this: (1) it will only work if the DCR already exists (e.g. the DCR is created via a workflow and users never create brand new DCRs manually); and (2) the asynchronous behavior of CallServer() which means that the operation can be taking place while you move on to do something else and then all of a sudden the DCT form redraws right underneath you... probably losing any unsaved changes...
Probably not a good approach - but maybe it will lead to a more reasonable tactic?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
MahmoodA
Thanks, I appreciate your responses. Perhaps TeamSite 6.0 will take care of some of the performance issues, when multiple containers are involved.