Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Modified by
sneha_sharma
I am new to Interwoven. I am changing the default workflow in the .wft file. For a given file, I want to be able to get the user who modified it. In other words, I want the username that is displayed on the screen as 'Modified by'
How do I do it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
write some perl
$user = `$wi-home/bin/iwattrib $name lastuser`;
$name should be something like: /default/main/branch/WORKAREA/workarea/path/file
HTH
Andy
abhishek_gupta
The user name can be got by -
$user = $ENV{IW_USER};
You can use this in your workflow.
Adam Stoller
a_g - are you in disinformation mode?
The question was how to get the name of the user who last modified a specific file - not how to get the name of the current user (which your solution may or may not do - depending on the context in which it is run).
Nipper's response is a good way to go.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
BAS Enrollment.tiff
abhishek_gupta
Well, my path of thought was - For a given file the 'last modified' was required, I assumed (perhaps might be worng!) that the file was created via a DCR. A hidden item could be added in the DCT to get the current user name which would give the last modified.
The question is
I want the username that is displayed on the screen as 'Modified by'
How do I do it?
Displayed on which screen? Perhaps on the file (which is a DCR generated file in my assumption)...hence getting the current user name would suffice.
sneha_sharma
You are right. I wanted to look at the same value that is displayed on a Saved DCR.
If I were to save the name using the DCT, then how can I retrieve it in a wft?
Migrateduser
Parse the XML of the DCR.