Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Licences
mmb
Does anyone know how the licencing applies to teamSite clients? i.e. Is it based on concurrent users or a set limit to the number that you can configure on the system?
So if I buy 100 licences I can have up to say 200 different users all using the system at various times..?
thanks
- mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
you should check with whoever purchased TS. But the normal licensing agreement is a named user. So Andy uses a license until Andy is replaced in the roles file. Thus it is not a floating license.
Some companies have purchased all you can eat, but that is very few.
HTH
Andy
Adam Stoller
Check with Interwoven Sales.
I believe that for purposes of sizing hardware for the TeamSite server, you use concurrent users, but for the purposes of licences you go by the entries in the iwhome/conf/roles/*.uid files - but I don't know what the breakdown is between types of users. At one point each role was, I believe, handled separately; then I think Admin and Masters were handled as a group; then I believe Editors were added to Admin and Masters as "Power users" - and you had two groupings: "power users" and "contributors" (or something like that). The first mechanism required that you pre-determine how many of each specific role you were going to have - the last mechanism requires only that you determine the number of users for the generalized groupings and that you can divvy up the number of Master/Admin/Editors within the allocated amount any way you want.
Again - check with Interwoven Sales - as they should be able to provide a more definitive response.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com