Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite (5.5.2) Templating Question
littlelise
I'm fairly new to TeamSite and the whole Interwoven Product Suite and I am guessing my question will be a doddle (easy - for you non brits :-)
I need a 'Agree to Terms and Conditions' hyperlink from a datacapture form, that will allow the user entering data to click the link, have a popup window come up with some text and a checkbox. When the user checks to box or clicks a "I agree"button on that popup window, it writes this back to the form field from whence they came.
Can anyone furnish me with the correct code/syntax?
Thanks in Advance!!
Lisa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe you could accomplish what you want in [at least] two ways:
1) Using a cgi-callout field (button) in your DCT - have the callout run a CGI script that presents the information along with the prompt and then set some [probably hidden] field in the DCT/DCR indicating either an active agreement or disagreement (e.g. "no", "yes", or "" to indicate that they have not selected anything) The CGI will utilize javascript to write the data back into the DCT/DCR and possibly for handling other parts of the display / prompt interaction.
2) You might be able to do this using FormAPI directly within the DCT, without using a cgi-callout button or link - just have the code create a dialog box prompt when the DCT is loaded, and again, adjust values in the DCT/DCR based upon the user's response.
I don't have the specific code/syntax to give you - but there's a fair amount of documentation (both in these forums and in the manuals) regarding the javascript needed to interact with the DCT/DCR form - and there's a fair amount of material out there on the web and in print regarding writing javascript and CGI programs.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
littlelise
Fish,
thanks for the response.
I did try to use FormAPI directly, but I had trouble writing back to the DCT. I also went the route of having a button spawn a popup window with inline script (in datacapture.cfg), but it was messy.
Your first suggestion will give me what I want to achieve. I appreciate your patience for a new starter...
Many Thanks!!