Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
View history problem
Monil
In TS, when I select a file and click view>>history, it returns 2 listings.
14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml /main/businesscenter/us_en/2 bcusen_02262004 14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml /main/businesscenter/us_en/1 #3452
the first one is the edition I created. The second one which is a hidden edition. When click on the first link, the file opens up but when I click on the second link, i recieve an error "Templating Error Page
Type Newsletter does not exist in workarea /default/main/businesscenter/us_en/EDITION/#3452 "
I checked on the filesystem and EDITION#3452 is present. I am not sure whats stopping TS from reading into this edition.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think the # character is a problem because it is web-special. Try URL encoding that character.
Monil
The URL its pointing to does not have the #.
URL -
http://d02cm005.southbury.ibm.com/iw/webdesk/templating/DatacaptureServlet?iw%5faction=editdcr&iw%5farea=/default/main/businesscenter/us%5fen/EDITION/%233452&iw%5fdcrVPath=/default/main/businesscenter/us%5fen/EDITION/%233452/templatedata/xmlcontent/Newsletter/data/14126%5fForwardView%5fFeb%5f2004.xml&iw%5freadOnly=y&iw%5ftdt=xmlcontent/Newsletter
Migrateduser
Does this DCT have a locations element in templating.cfg that does not match the area?
Monil
Templating.cfg has the locations element for this content type.
<data-type name="Newsletter" dcr-type="xml">
<presentation>
<template name="Newsletter_www.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
Problem is that its failing for all content types including Newsletter. Clicking on any link in view history results which has an area starting with #, generates the Templating error page.
JonathonG
Does the templatedata directory exist in that hidden edition? And are all of the directories/templates in the templatedata directory? I suspect the answer is no, and that may be why you're getting the error.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
I am guessing it is the number sign, I remember seeing something about this but wouldn't know how to find it again (devnet or support.interwoven.com). You might contact support, or someone else might jump in on this thread.
Monil
I did a ls -ld on the EDITION directory and it did not return anything. Is that the right command to check if the templatedata directory exists.
Migrateduser
or maybe find <dir> -name "templatedata" -print
Monil
Running find lists "templatedata" in only the manually created editions and not the hidden editions.
Migrateduser
> Running find lists "templatedata" in only the manually created editions and not the hidden editions.
That sounds like a bug...
Adam Stoller
To view contents of hidden editions from the file system interface, you need to include the name of the hidden editon (#****) - they will not show up in and of themselves.
ls /default/main/www/EDITION -- will only show published editions
ls /default/main/www/EDIUTION/#123 -- will show the contents of hidden edition #123
Each hidden edition is, as far as I know, a true edition - meaning that it will have all the same directories and file content (via references) as any published edition. If the templatedata directory structure has not been submitted, and thus not published, then you may have problems attempting to view the DCR in the GUI - however, I think you indicated that the published edition version worked, just not the hidden-edition version - if so, this might be something to verify with Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Monil
The file is present in the hidden edition but viewing the DCR in GUI is failing for all hidden editions for all files.
ls -ltr 14126*
-r--r--r-- 1 dorothyc bcusen_u 14910 Feb 26 15:35 14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml
/iwmnt/default/main/businesscenter/us_en/EDITION/#3452/templatedata/xmlcontent/Newsletter/data
Could something be wrong with the TS templating?
Monil
The js code on the results page is different for the file which is not working 14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml <javascript:top.Ctl.pw_cci_start('/iw-mount/default/main/businesscenter/us_en/EDITION/> /main/businesscenter/us_en/1 #3452
and the one which is working -
14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml <javascript:top.Ctl.pw_cci_start('/iw-mount/default/main/businesscenter/us_en/WORKAREA/bc_us_en/templatedata/xmlcontent/Newsletter/data/14126_ForwardView_Feb_2004.xml', false)>