Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Limitting Custom Menu Items by Branch?
System
Simple question on TeamSite 6.0L, can you limit the availability of certain custom menu items by branch? If so, what about by workarea? What about by directory or file?
If not, then I see an RFE coming.
- Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Currently in 6.0 custom menu items can only be restricted by role. I'm sure finer control will be added to an operation ID in future releases. You may want to inquire about this because I'm sure it's already in the RFE queue.
nipper
>What about by directory or file?
Getting that granular will be very difficult, same with workflows.
When I view modified, I can do it from any directory, which is considered my cwd (which may allow this custom menu item) but my view modified shows files from everywhere & would allow me to run it on files from other directories.
We had someone who used the available_templates regex to the directory level (which is not support). They wondered why it worked some of the time.
Go figure.
Andy