Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open up a DCT in a brwoser
jayskapadia
Hi, I want to make an application that opens up a DCT in a browser in the parsed form. That i want to make an application through which i want to give the functionality given by the Team Site GUI to create a DCR. Is there any API through wihch I can provide functionality so that I dont have to use the team site GUI but can use my own application to contribute content on Interwoven.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Not sure if I understand your question properly. Perhaps you can word it better ?
Have you seen the documentation for OpenAPI and/or Content Services SDK ?
What version of TeamSite are you using ? OS ?
jayskapadia
Hi,
As per your reply I would like to word it properly so that I can get a proper reply.
Look I have to develop an application where in I have to give the functionality the Team Site GUI gives to an end user.
This funcrionality consists of
1. Login Page
2. Showing the branch hiearchy with all workareas and files
3. Last but most important of all letting the end user contribute data to a Data Capture Template and there by creating a DCR.
Now I have accomplished the above tasks 1 and 2 using Open API. But I found nothing in the open API for the third task. So can you provide some information of how it can be done. The point to be noted is the Team Site GUI is NOT to be used but customized GUI has to be made. So I am in need of some API. If you think the CSSDK might help can u pls provide me with the API java docs atleast so that I can atleast do an analysis of my requirement . It is very urgent. If you think there is some other way then pls do suggest. Even smallest suggestions are welcome.
My email address is jay.lntinfotech.com
Regards
Jay
sunil_j
Hi Jay,
Since you have accompalished Task 1 and 2, you shouldn't have any prblem accessing the Templating Features (DCT) and then invoking the workflow after the user finishes entering the DCT. Just invoke the following URL :
http://[TEAMSITESERVER]/iw/webdesk/templating/DatacaptureServlet?iw_tdt=
[CATATEGORYNAME]%2F[DATATYPE]&iw_action=newdcr
Please replace the values in the [ ] with your values and things will workout the way you want.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
jayskapadia
Well I want to acceess the Team Site server using API and not the Team Site GUI itself . I accompolished the Task 1 and 2 by API and not by Team site GUi . So the problem is that can I make my own page which captures data according to the data capture template and generate a dcr from it,
sunil_j
TeamSite Server and its features can be accessed using OpenAPI to whatever level you want. Its a tough job to design your own Look and Feel using the information in the datacapture.cfg and then show a Form based GUI. I would suggest you should use the GUI the Templating Offers (at least for the templaing form) and then use your custom GUI for rest of the features.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
jayskapadia
Hi Sunil,
Thanks for the valuable advice. But I didnt get your line 'I would suggest you should use the GUI the Templating Offers (at least for the templaing form' exactly what do you mean by this referel . Can you please give me some more information a bit in detail if possible . I am a Java developer not done much custom Interwoven development.
Regards
JAY
Migrateduser
Jay,
You can use the CCI URLs (UI toolkit) to do this - simply insert a form to post to the correct URL in your UI flow. There is no programmatic way to create your own UI to enter a template, because the templating system is very intermixed with its UI - there's no way to pull out the templating "backend" and put your own UI over it. Templating is its own UI.
- Navneet