Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
saving DCR with random number
Pratzee
Hi,
I am trying to save a dcr with a randomly generated number.
It says saving.... and never proceeds from there.
i dont know where i am going wrong.
I am attaching the validation js file...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
See my post
here
that describes a way to automatically generate a dcr name. TS 6 includes a similar feature, but in 5.5 it does not. My algorithm uses a combination of today's date + a dcr field + a random number to create the dcr name. You can exclude the date and dcr field name from my code if you wish to get just a random number.
Pratzee
Hi ,
Thanks for the reply..
But i caught thebug.
It was just that The fields sibmission ID and name were not taking the number. I had to pass it as a string by adding +" "
and viola !! everything worked.
outconnector.docx