Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Missing Posts ?
nipper
I noticed a post of mine missing from on of the threads I know I posted to. Anyone else see this happen ?
This was in the perl thread, & I did not even call anyone a moron.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I had a post go missing as well, but you probably don't want me on your bandwagon - my endorsement will probably hurt more than help. My post was in the thread "S-bit set on the file" (or something like that) in the PERL Forum. I didn't call anyone a moron either, I even praised Andy - maybe that was considered offensive to someone.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hmm, we have never deleted any posts, at least not since I've been the devnet person here, unless someone wrote me and asked me to do so.
Can you send some information - when did it go missing, what date did you post, what date was it noticed missing, etc?
We have not changed the forum software for a long time, so there' s no obvious place to go looking.
Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
lissa
Migrateduser
I don't have the specific information. It's quite possible that I clicked "cancel" somewhere instead of "submit". It wasn't that big of a deal in this case because I wasn't actually saying anything important, I was just praising Andy. In that sense it makes perfect sense that the post disappeared into thin air - it contained nothing of substance.
Gotcha, Andy.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
Sounds like mine was on the same thread as Smitty's. It may have been a 1 time (or 2 time) thing, my post was yesterday morning.
I will keep an eye out to see if it happens again.
Andy
akshathp
I do see the thread with subject "S-bit set on the user" active in PERL forum. And it also has posts made by you and Smitty.
Were there some additional posts you made which are not showing up in the thread?
Were they under the same subject?
If possible, please let me know date and approx time when you made the post into this thread. This can help me debug through the DB for forums.
Thanks!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
nipper
Yes there was another one should have been about post 7 or 8
Smitty's was probably around then as well.