Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
6.0 FormAPI Differences
MahmoodA
What are the FormAPI differences between TeamSite 5.5.2 and 6.0? I was looking for a document or something that would summarize the main points, benefits, etc. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I posted this same question recently. There were no responses. There was some feedback on the yahoo group but I don't think anyone has much experience with this issue and Interwoven sure isn't providing any guidance. In fact I wonder if most of my posts are only visible to me...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TeamSite50/message/2516
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=28532&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=
The main one we've run into is that IWDatacapture.getRootItems() fails if
your DCR contains replicants which initially have 0 instances. The symptom
is that processing of your code stops at the call to this method. No error
message; it just stops. Happens on both Windows and Solaris.
Interwoven has filed this as bug #50536 and claims it will be fixed in
TeamSite 6.1.
Gregg Faus
I can't give you a full list, but here is what I've documented myself so that I can convert templates rendered in 5.5 to be "display friendly" with 6.0:
1) Place label elements for replicants under the child items instead of a child of the replicant element
2) Place description under the ruleset element
3) Change cgi-callout references to just callout
4) Remove any entities added. (This was done to make the display in 5.5 more friendly. This shouldn't apply to you).
5) Change length of certain text fields so they render as expected. This varies -- mostly affected fields that are 10 characters or less (e.g. date fields).
That's it for my list. It may be different for you.