Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Duplicate jobs
parsan99
Hi All
We have a custom menu item which calls /iw-bin/iwwft_instantiator.cgi to instantiate workflows. From what I noticed, at times this creates duplicate workflows at the exact same instance(for the same user) with the same workflow files being attached. I have a snippet of the iwevents.log below. Any clues on what might be causing this?. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure how I got this idea but I thought Teamsite allows only one workflow on a file at a point of time?.
bash-2.03$ cat iwevents.log | grep "test_article"
[Mon Mar 8 13:35:52 2004] user1 editor TaskAddFile NewArticle 0x6e200 Edit-Article 0x6e201 templatedata/Articles/Article/test_article
[Mon Mar 8 13:35:52 2004] user1 editor TaskAddFile NewArticle 0x6e207 Edit-Article 0x6e208 templatedata/Articles/Article/test_article
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
I would speculate that the user is "double-clicking" the button on the form. This would call iwwft_instantiator.cgi twice, and thus create 2 workflows. There are no built-in restrictions in TeamSite about how many jobs a file can be assigned to. Since this is a custom-menu item based thing, I would suggest that you use a little bit of javascript to disable the button when its clicked once.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
parsan99
Hi Jonathon
Thanks for the reply. I disabled the "Rub Job" button in iwwft_instantiator.cgi and hoped that will solve this. But to my surprise it was back again today
Thanks