Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WORKAREA migrate to new server
AndyJ
Hi,
How can I migrate old workarea to new teamsite branchs workarea?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Without furhter information all I can say is ftp the files from a workarea on the old server to a new workarea on the new server. This will not preserver permissions, extended attributes/metadata, etc. You will have to set all this manually.
What version of TS are you using ? On the old server and new server.
What is the OS ? Same on old and new server ?
Do you need to preserve permissions, extended attributes, version history, etc ?
You might want to look at the documentation on backing store migration for TS 552. Simply copying the files does not suffice in most cases.
AndyJ
Hi,
We are using TS old server (5.0.1), new server (5.5.2).
Old server with SUN 5.6 and New server with SUN 5.8.
I need to have all (permissions, extended attributes and version history)
Thanks
iwovGraduate
See the upgrade suppliment for 5.5.2 available on the support site. The documentation on backing store conversion will get you started.
Hope that helps
AndyJ
Thanks
gzevin
make sure you follow the right practice. The conversion tools basically bring you latest from staging plus some deltas. In many cases I saw that the work practice does not include getting latest too often, so the workarea you'll be getting after you migrate *may* be different from what you have on a source server.
If I were you, apart from using the conversion scripts, I'd tar'ed the workarea and transferred it in its entiriety. (and captured and re-attached all EAs as well). Just in case
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
tecthis
I may have seen a WA conversion script. Havent used it, but fairly certain one exists.
Alex...
Alexander Correa
http://www.baxter.com
Migrateduser
There is a workarea migration script. This conversion checklist
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/552upgrade/us_003a_conversion_checklist.pdf
describes it in task 17.
Regards,
lissa
OUTPUT.docx
gzevin
there is one, but's basically does not always do what the users want, as I said above.
in the case of my client, I basically spent 2 days using this script and then another few days negating its results.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
AndyJ
thanks all of yours