Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Edit->Set Home Page not saving home page
Lex
Has anyone ever experienced the situation where setting your home page using Edit->Set Home Page works fine with the current TeamSite session, but upon ending that session and starting a new one (say the next day) the home page is no longer set?
We have two servers, production and development. On the production server Set Home Page works fine. On the development one the behavior I described above is exhibited. Every day when I fire up a connection to the dev server I'm dumped into the ToDo list. Every day I set my home page to a workarea only to be dumped into the ToDo list the next day. Any suggestions on where I should look to troubleshoot this?
Thanks,
Darryl
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I've no idea - it sounds like a problem with the entity db - you should probably contact Interwoven Support for assistance
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lex
OK, thanks for the feedback. I'll open a ticket with IW.
tvaughan
Try running 'iwuser *user*' on your dev and prod machines before, during and after using the 'set homepage' function.
Look for the existence of a property named "editor_homePage" or "admin_homePage" (depending on your role(s).
Note the difference (if any) between your dev and prod accounts, and try setting the homepage explicitly on the command line on your dev account, if you're serious about squashing this annoyance.
Hope that helps,
Tom
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 10.43.45.png
Lex
Thanks for the suggestions. Prior to setting the homepage the admin_homepage property did not exist. After setting the home page the property did exist, but a day or two later it would be gone again. One thing I forgot to mention is that setting the home page on the development system would cause an error to be displayed simply stating, "Internal server error".
However, today we applied SP4 (this is a 5.5.2 installation). The "Internal server error" message is no longer shown after setting the home page so we'll see if it sticks around for more than a couple days now.
Darryl