Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
per-user templating UI customizations
System
Has anyone found a way to do per-user templating UI customizations? For instance, some users like paginated templates, some don't; some users want VFE inline, some prefer the callout.
For hacks I've written (like hiding the navigation pane) I can use JavaScript in the browser to parse an XML file available over HTTP containing user preferences, but for the standard stuff I'm not sure there's any way. For instance, is there a URL parameter or anything that tells the datacapture servlet to ignore items-per-page in templating.cfg?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You could certainly write an inline to configure the VFE choice. You would have to set up a way to manager user specific settings and possible a template of CGI to maintain it.
You could also configure a call server CGI that would, say, set some variable values (i.e., var hidethisthing = true; var makeThisreadonly=true, etc....) then invoke a function to this the values and take the appropriate action. This would probably only work for simple options.
This would not override the items-per-page. You would probably have to disable that and manually control container visibility.
The are other, unsupported options which I can discuss without offline.
Migrateduser
Thanks. I guess I could use inline but there are a lot of VFEs and forking a process for each one doesn't seem very efficient.