Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD to run under port 80
lokesh
Hi,
Our opendeploy admin GUI is running under port 8081 and i want to make it to port 80,could you please let me know how do i go about this.
Thank you,
Lokesh.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The OpenDeploy 5.6 Install Guide tells you the lines in the config file that set up the port IDs. It's in the section "modifying the Administration Server Ports. You need access to the support site to follow this link:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/opendeploy/html/od.560b.inst/index.html
lissa
no price.JPG
Migrateduser
Fyi, OD ports are described in the OD 5.6 Reference chapter entitled "OpenDeploy Ports". It explains how to change port numbers after installation.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
mike_jaixen
That page shows how to update the rmiPorts, not the ports that the Admin HTTP server listens to. I need to find the HTTP port that my Admin server is listening to; I've inherited a TS 5.5.2 server and don't have any documentation on how to work with OpenDeploy except to look at log files. I'm hoping that the browser service will be easier to work with, and I'm hoping that it hasn't been disabled for some reason.
Migrateduser
You say you inherited an OD5.5.2 system. Did you happen to also inherit the support contract? Because if you did, you can contact IWOV support and get access to the support site, where you can download (or browse online) all the OD manuals.
I hope this is the case for you. Alternately, if you can find the install CD somewhere, the manuals will be on that too.
lissa
mike_jaixen
I can open a support case, and have spent several hours RTFM, but the answer is not there. The documentation says "To access the OpenDeploy user interface, point your browser to the following URL:
http://admin-server-hostname:admin-port-number/iw/opendeploy/login
where admin-server-hostname is the name of the ost server running the administration server software, and admin-port-number is the administration server port number you chose when you installed the administration server software.
The documentation never says how to find or reconfigure the admin-port-number.
Gregg Faus
Mike,
If you are running TeamSite on the same box, you need to run the OD web app under the same instance of Tomcat as TeamSite. That is the only way since you cannot have two services listening on the same port.
The OD 6.0 Installation Guide mentions a config that may work for you. Download this document from the support website and look around page 86.
Migrateduser
I don't have a box with 5.6 around to look at, but wouldn't the port number be in the server.xml file under <od-home>\AdminServer\conf or some similar path?
mike_jaixen
I opened a support case with Interwoven and they directed me to <odhome>/AdminServer/servletd/conf/server.xml
And now, I can get to the login page, but can't get any further since the Bootstrap Administrator that's currently configured is gone, and has locked the files. So I've got some work to do with my sysadmin.
Dwayne
What do you mean, "locked the files."
All you should need to do is to have somebody with root access put a new bootstrap user into deploy.cfg and restart OD. Oh, and make sure that user is in the odadmin.uid role file as well.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
The original post of this thread was in March. Not quite sure why it's revived recently. I'm not sure of the use case here. Port 80 on a server is usually used by the web server itself. It is not recommended to hijack this port for another application like OD. If you don't want your user to type in a port number to acces ODADMIN, my recommendation is to use a reverse proxy that redirects incoming http traffice to ODADMIN based on the URL. Teamsite does exactly that.
ARS516_1.JPG
mike_jaixen
"Locked" was the wrong terminology, Dwayne. Our first administrator had root access and put his user name in the configs. Now he's gone, but never switched his user name out for somebody else. (Unfortunately, my sysadmin doesn't want to return phone calls, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm "locked out"... :-)
As for why this thread restarted, I restarted it when I saw this person asking for essentially the same information I was looking for - where to find the OpenDeploy admin port. I'm not looking to change it...