Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Calling OD from another server
ProfessorX
OD 5.6 WIn2k
Is it at all possible to call an OD deployment from another machine other that the machine where OD Base is installed. API's, Java, etc...?
Thanks in advance!
The Professor-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
In OD 5.6 you can configure the iwodcmd command line tool (CLT proxy listener) for remote invocation.
OD 6 will add a web services based API that you can use too.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
ProfessorX
The server that you run this on needs OD installed? (We have a licensing issue).
Is there documentation that explains this further?
Thanks in advance!
The Professor-
nithinbose
Hi,
We use ssh with automatic login on machine A to invoke OD running on machine B to deploy content to machine C.
And it works like clockwork on Solaris. I do not know if you could do it in Windows.
Nithin
ProfessorX
I tried it from the base server...I got
\iw\OpenDeployNG\bin>iwodcmd.exe -host the_IP start test
ERROR: Rejecting remote execution attempt from wucmsd02/the_IP
I tried it using the server name as well....same result
RPC is running in the services
Thanks in advance!
The Professor-
Migrateduser
Make sure you've configured the proxy correctly. This is covered in the OD 5.6 Installation Guide (Nov 2003 edition), page 78. Pay particular attention to the cltProxyAllowedHost setting.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
ProfessorX
Yep...thanks that works fine now...
I was using the od.560sp1.rn.pdf page 38....it reads
By default, you can run iwodcmd with no additional configuration required
Yea right...
Professor says the following in the voice of Raymond in "Rainman"
"Yea...the Deploy.cltProxyAllowedHost....definitly the Deploy.cltProxyAllowedHost...
Thanks in advance!
The Professor-
Migrateduser
By default it should run without configuration if the CLT and the Base Server are on the same host.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Herman
I installed OD6.0.2 on my windows 2000,
I run iwodcmd -host temp2 start test.xml
But I get the response:
Failed to receive message from OpenDeploy Server
Reason: sockErr=10053, Software caused connection abort
Check that the OpenDeploy server on host temp2 is listening on port 3434.
my deploy.cfg is the default:
Deploy.cltProxyEnable: y
Deploy.cltProxyPort: 3434
Deploy.cltProxyHost: localhost
Deploy.cltProxyAllowedHost: TEMP2, localhost
Migrateduser
Looks like you are trying to invoke the start command on a remote base server (temp2) on the default proxy port (3434).
Make sure the base server on temp2 is configured to accept inbound commands from the host where you are running iwodcmd.
Todd Scallan
Sr. Dir. Product Mgt.
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Herman
Actually,temp2 is my localhost servername.
Where do I to check that temp2 configured to accept inbound commands?
Thanks.
Migrateduser
Then it should be configured by default. If in doubt, check the install doc for "Configuring the iwodcmd Command-Line Tool".
Todd Scallan
Sr. Dir. Product Mgt.
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com