Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ModifyFSE
herald10
Hi,
I have set up a trigger for the event ModifyFSE. It works fine when a DCR is submitted and then modified. But ModifyFSE event doesn't occur until a DCR is submitted and modified. Is there any way I can have it working even if the DCR is not submitted ?
Thanks a lot
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall, that for DCRs, there used to be a way to install DAS and then deactivate it and replace iwsyncdb.ipl with your own script, so that it would be called every time a save event occurred. Of course this was completely UNsupported and only worked with saving DCRs - not any other kind of file.
I don't believe there is any supported or built-in method to do what you want - the only way I could imagine doing it (off the top of my head right now) is to have an external monitoring process that looks for files changed within the last minute and then have it trigger something when it finds any. Rather crude, prone to failure, and probably a performance nightmare - but ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
Alternatively, you could use a FormAPI onSaveDone trigger to do a callServer to trigger whatever it is you need to do. Obviously, this only works for templating, but it sounds like that's what you're looking for.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
nipper
ModifyFSE will only work on the first mod from Staging. So if you modify it and change it again, no go.
This is due ot how Unix works. For FS writes to a large file it is possibile that the trigger would fire
multiple times.
You may want to look at ways other than triggers, since triggers are asynchronous, there is no
way to get feedback the the users.
If you are using templating, do what Jonathon suggested, on save run a perl script. That is easy
HTH
Andy
herald10
Thanks a lot guys.. Thats exactly what I was looking for