Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creating a dynamic TOC/Links?
Hart
I'm a beginner developer with TS and need a little help. Doe sanyone have a sample of an <iw_perl> element to create a dynamic set of links. Be it a table of contents or listing page? I can't find any samples on the server or in the manuals.
Thanks,
-P
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
an iw_perl tag signifies that what appears within its confines is to be interpreted as Perl code. If you know what Perl code you would use to create dynamic TOC links - then you put it there. If you're looking for something more intrinsic to TeamSite Templating and relationships between more than one DCR or something like that - you need to be a LOT more explicit about what you are attempting to do in order for someone to assist you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Hart
fish,
thanks. Sorry for the confusion. I am looking for a sample of the perl code.
Adam Stoller
Again - you need to be more specific. If you don't know Perl I'd suggest picking up O'Reilly's Learning Perl or Programming Perl (depending on how familliar you are with programming to begin with). If you do know Perl, you need to provide a lot more details about what you are trying to accomplish - just asking for a sample of Perl code is far too broad a request.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Hart
There was supposedly a sample provided with the software (sample_toc.ipl). But it's no where to be found. That's the sample i was looking for. Thanks.
Edited by Hart on 03/17/04 07:21 AM (server time).
test.JPG
Adam Stoller
Ah - no idea. Don't recall hearing of it, no idea where it might exist - sorry.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
IW SEs used to have one that did that as part of the demo. I di no thave mine anymore,
but it was a press release home page that you could regenerate & it would add the title/desc
etc, without a RDBMS.
I will look to see if I have anything like that.
Andy
nithinbose
I never found it too, so we went ahead and built our own index building Perl script.
Its fairly simple however.
I can pass you the script if you need it.
~ Nithin
Hart
Nithin that would be great. Thanks.