Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite and UTF-8
Valentine
Has anybody tried running TS under UTF-8 encoding?
Will LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 have any effect on TS?
The problem is that we have to use UTF-8 characters passed as parameters in our inline callouts and I suspect that they get garbled when TS invokes the scripts.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I know we have tested UTF-8 for 5.5.2 SP1 and above, and for TS 6.0L. I'm not sure what release you are running.
I did a quick search in the forums, and found reference to one post:
http:// http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=29229&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post29229
hope this helps.
lissa
Valentine
We have TS 6.0L on Solaris 8.
the above post talks about iwpt_compile, while our problem is with inline callouts in the "Form Entry" aka DCT's.
Migrateduser
We're using TS 5.5.2 on Windows with UTF-8. The main problem I had was ensuring that all my inlines returned HTML that was uTF-8 encoded. This I did with this handy snippet -
(optionstring being the return string)
my $encoding = 'ISO-8859-1';
if ($encoding ne 'UTF-8') {
my $ustr = Unicode:
tring->new();
if ($encoding eq 'UTF-16') {
$ustr->utf16( $optionstring );
}
else {
my $map = Unicode::Map->new( $encoding );
if (! $map ) {
print "Unsupported XML encoding: $encoding";
}
$ustr->utf16( $map->to_unicode( $optionstring ) );
}
$optionstring = $ustr->utf8();
}