Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Annoyances - Copy To Area support multiple files
System
It is really annoying that "File->Copy To Area" supports only a single selection and a single target. If I have to copy a group of files from one branch to several other branches (because, for instance, templating does not support DCTs that are symbolic links, but that's another annoyance...), doing this in the UI is really clumsy.
Does anyone know why certain UI operations are so inflexible? Is this fixed in 6.x?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi John,
>> Does anyone know why certain UI operations are so inflexible?
As both the WebDesk and WebDesk Pro interfaces were developd before I arrived at IWOV, I can't comment on this, but I agree with you, there are MANY usability issues in these interfaces
>> Is this fixed in 6.x?
Yes. As are the single file limitations for simple operations such as Copy as well.
When you have an opportunity to look at TS 6.x, I'd like to get your feedback on areas where you feel we still need work. I've been engaging in an open dialog with many of the leading edge customers here on DevNet and tried to roll as many FRs as possible into TS 6.1 and future releases.
Cheers,
David Yun
Sr. Product Manager, TeamSIte
dyun@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
> When you have an opportunity to look at TS 6.x,
I would be happy to look, but I am not a "customer" and I am not going to spend $10,000 to get myself a development license. How else can I access a 6.1 system?
nipper
>> When you have an opportunity to look at TS 6.x,
>
>I would be happy to look, but I am not a "customer" and I am not going to spend $10,000 to get myself a
>development license. How else can I access a 6.1 system?
I hear you. We have a certain group that can access the download and support site. They will not even
download it since our dev servers are busy.
If we start 6.X by August I will be surprised.