Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mozilla and VisualFormat
MikaV
Hi
Windows XP / Mozilla 1.6 / TS 6
Is it possible to use VisualFormat with Mozilla browser? If so, how should VisualFormat be installed?
I have tried to install VF in a normal way by executing visualformatclient.exe. I also installed ActiveX plug-in for Mozilla, but it didn't help.
Mika Vilkko
IT Optimo
Finland
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Valentine
I do not think that is possible.
AFAIK visual format editor will work only on IE and only in Windows.
Gregg Faus
I would check out Ektron's (
http://www.ektron.com
) to figure out which browsers are supported. I know VF works in NS 4+ as a callout. I would bet that other versions are supported as well.
Writer.PNG
Adam Stoller
Well, the version that comes with TS6 does not seem to work with Mozilla 1.5 on W2K (but does work with IE as stated).
Also interesting little tidbit - the 'buttons' that appear across the top (Save, Save As, etc.) do not seem to work in Mozilla 1.5 .. or perhaps more correctly, do not show up in Mozilla 1.5 - sigh.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
MOzilla is supported in 6.1. Check out:
http:// http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/webcasts/data/004/05-TS61/devnet_ts61.pdf
lissa
Valentine
hmm ... I've been using Mozilla 1.6 and Firefox 0.8 /0.7 on Linux since the very installation of the TeamSite 8 monthes ago. Everything is working fine, except for the VisualFormat. Which I do not need anyways.
Adam Stoller
are you using 6.0?
are you doing templating?
Hmmm - mozilla 1.6? I'm using 1.5 - I'm going to check out the 1.7 beta ... maybe it was just the mozilla version that caused the other problem...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Valentine
We had 5.5.2 for some time, now it is 6.0L.
I very rarely open up DCT's to test the pages. Mostly I do workflow debugging/development.
Adam Stoller
Well, I just checked with Mozilla 1.7 (beta) on W2K and the "Save", "Save As", etc. button-links *do* show up with TS 6.0 - so either it was a spurious problem on my machine or a problem with 1.5.
Now, if we could get the whole UI to work on MacOS-X with with Safari, Mozilla, ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
If a given configuration works, that doesnt mean it is a supported configuration. I'm sure most people already know this, but once a config is supported, you can file bugs on issues you uncover, and you can talk to support about questions.
Regards,
lissa