Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6 default workflow behavior on DCRs
System
Hi,
I noticed in TS 6.0 after filling up a DCT and saving it, if I click 'Next' at the bottom of the page, it prompts for saving the DCR.
After that it directly goes to start the workflow on the DCR.
I dont want the user to start workflow on DCR, instead I want him to generate the HTML first and submit *only* the HTML to the workflow.
Is there a way to customize this behavior of the wizard?
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
EXACTLY! read my comments in a parallel forum on templating.
David Yun said he did not see any business case for regeneration ... and yet the Wizard (it's not actually a workflow yet) does not force you to generate anything...
no - you cannot change the wizard as yet..! only in 6.5.. they say
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
You should be associating *both* the DCR *and* the generated file(s) with the workflow - as the DCRs should be getting versioned too even if they are never deployed.
I'm just starting to try and migrate our 552 environment over to a TS6 environment - haven't gotten that far yet due to other constraints on my time - so I cannot comment regarding wizards and such - though it doesn't sound that great from what I've seen in these forums...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
iwovGraduate
There are atleast some customizations you can make to the wizard in CC Standard.
In the last 6.0 implementation I did, we removed the metadata capture step from the wizard. You can find the details for this in the UI Customization Guide available on the support site.
Ideally the wizard should have an optional step for page generation/re-generation. We ended up adding a workflow task for this.
Hope that helps.
gzevin
Adam,
DCR should be versioned - that's for sure, but why does it need metadata attached?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
No, we cannot remove the metadata step - in oppsite, we are standartizing on it!
Of course, I take care of everything, all my standard workflows that use metadata that is stored in EAs, do regenerate templated assets before submission to staging - here I just exposed some serious flaws in design in TS 6 (in my opinion).
2 days ago I spoke to an IWOV consultant who says that he uses regexes in metadata-rules.cfg to filter out DCRs... IMO, doable but cumbersome (alas, like most of TeamSite..
)
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
Adding metadata to the DCR is definitely an environment-specific issue.
My customer only adds metadata to the DCR (we have a Metadata cgi-callout in the DCT form) and we take care of transferring the metadata (with a few modification) to the generated pages during the workflow process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
yes, I remember once you mentioned this. While it is doable, I myself have theoretic issue with this..(about chicken/egg, etc).. .. However it works..
what I am about - in this and some other postings - there are a plenty of use cases that warrant some serious wizard configuration, and sooner it's exposed to developer, the better.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
I won't argue with you there - Some people looked at the amount of customization needed for fitting TeamSite into customer environements as a weak point, but there is no "one-way" to do things, and TS6 was supposed to make most of that more trivial - but from the sounds of it (just starting to get serious on porting a 5.5.2 environment to 6.x) the wizards are still lacking some of the [ease of] customization.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com