Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
html tables
Renata
Hi,
I have developed a nice call-out that allows TeamSite users to build HTML Tables (we can't use VF). I'm having a bit of a problem passing the table html code back into my dcr. could someone point out what I'm missin gin my callback() code -- thank you,
here's simplified call-out html:
<table>
<tr>
<form name="callout_form">
<table id="buttons" bgcolor="#686868" align=center border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >
<tr><td></td> ....
</table>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><table id="myTable"></table></td>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="OK" onClick="handle_selection()">
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Cancel" onClick="self.close()">
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
my handle_selection() calls callback():
simplified callback()
{ var tableHTML = document.collout_form.lTable;
//alert(tableHTML);
set_datacapture_item_value(tableHTML)
}
I basically get an 'undefined' string back. What method or function can I use on lTable to get it's innerHTML?
thanks a bunch ...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Not sure if this is just typos in the post, but:
document.collout_form.lTable
should probably be:
document.c
a
llout_form.
my
Table
(That assumes you want the value of the 'myTable' table, and not the 'buttons' table)
HTH,
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Renata
Jonathon,
thanks for your reply,
yes these were just typos that snicked in when I was re-typing the code here ...
and I am still looking for the right answer ....
Renata
I got it ... here's for anyone's reference, callback() would use this variable:
my tableHTML = document.getElementById("lTable").innerHTML;
where "lTable" is my table id
thanks.