Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy Installation Question
drossign
Does anyone know if it is possible to install both the base server and the receiver on the same TeamSite server? I thought it was possible with older versions of OpenDeploy. We're using OpenDeploy 5.6 for Solaris and it gives me the following message when I try to install the receiver.
An OpenDeploy Base Server is currently installed.
Please uninstall the OpenDeploy Base Server before install OpenDeploy 5.6.0 Receiver.
Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The base server performs both sending *and* receiving functions - there is no point (and I believe no way) to install both base server and receiver on the same server.
The only time you could install the receiver on the same server as the client was in pre-5.x versions of OpenDeploy when there was only one server (on the receiving side)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
drossign
How do I configure the base server to deploy to a specific directory on that same server? I thought I just used the regular config files but I get an error that my destination directory is not an allowed deployment path. Thepath I specify exists so I'm not sure why it can't deploy to it. Any thoughts you may have are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Migrateduser
You need to authorize the sender (your local host) to deploy into that directory.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
To be a bit more verbose ... the odbase.xml config file contains a superset of what the odrcvr.xml file contains - and thus if you configure your odbase.xml file to accept deployments from itself (which should have been done for you during installation) for the directories you want to deploy to on that server - and then stop/start the server process so that it will re-read the config file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com