Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do I remove <b>Save & Close</b> and <b>Close</
yalavarthi_Srini
I have removed
SaveAs
,
Generate
and
Preview
button from the DCT. I would like to remove
Save & Close
and
Close
buttons dynamically base on a workflow variable. Is there any way to access workflow variable using FormsAPI.
Thanks
Srini
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
callServer to a CGI or JSP that checks iwgetwfobj or whatever and generates FormAPI.
nipper
On a workflow variable ?
Workflows are usually not actiive when one is working with templates.
What are you really trying to do here ? This makes no sense.
Adam Stoller
I can only think of a kludge way to do this - involving the workflow writing into a file (or db?) and the DCT using FormAPI's callServer() to run a CGI script to read that file (or db) to obtain the information you're looking for.
However, besides being a hackish solution, you also have to remember that callServer() runs asynchronously, which means there's a window in which the call to the server has been made but the results have not yet been returned and the DCT is still being rendered. The callback will have to adjust things "after-the-fact" and might cause some nusicance redraws.
But that's the only way I can think of acheiving what you described as being looked for at this time.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
There's another way to do it. You can write a CGI that will generate javascript (formAPI) and then call the CGI as if it were a .js file <script src="/iw-bin/mycgi.cgi" />
Then you can have the CGI go and check the workflow that the file is in and return variables from that workflow in the form of JavaScript variables. I've done something similar to this before.
- Jason