Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata Search
sunil_j
Hi,
Can anyone guide me step by step on how to implement a Metadata Search on TeamSite 5.5.2 SP5 running on Windows 2000 SP4.
I have configured Metadata Capture and its pretty straightforward and working fine. I need to know step by step, what do I do next. Please let me know
1. How to configure DataDeploy to deploy Metadata to Database?
2.Do I need to setup DAS - if yes, then how ?
3.How does Metadata gets deployed to the database - whether I need to manually deploy or it gets automatically deployed after one does a SET METADATA on a file and does a Submit ?
4. What is event SubSystem - Do I need to enable this as a part of DAS? If Yes then why?
I have went through the steps mentioned in the admininstration and data deploy guide, but I am somewhat lost in configuring the various onfiguration files like dbschema.cfg, mdc_dd.cfg, database.xml, mdc_dd_uds.template etc etc.
I need to know what do I do next after configuring Metadata Capture?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bturns
Hey Sunil,
What version of DD are you on?
The next step is to configure DAS. Get DAS set up in the branch/workarea that you would like to be searchable. Once DAS is set up Metadata search uses the config files you mentioned above to search the appropriate tables. DAS can be configured to deploy Templating content and/or Metadata. To set up DAS you will need to run the iwsyncdb.ipl script located in DD_HOME/bin/
Brian