Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwtmplpreview.cgi spinning away
System
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 17976 Interwoven 20030323 on Solaris.
In some cases when the system becomes unusable an IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/iwtmplpreview.cgi process is found consuming 60% or more CPU. There do not seem to be any child processes (such as iwperl) so I don't think the problem is with a presentation template - in fact I don't even think iwpt_compile is being called.
Has anyone seen this type of behaviour and is there any solution?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lax
Did you find out why this was happening?
Migrateduser
> > In some cases when the system becomes unusable
> > an IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/iwtmplpreview.cgi process
> > is found consuming 60% or more CPU. There do not
> > seem to be any child processes (such as iwperl) so
> > I don't think the problem is with a presentation
> > template - in fact I don't even think iwpt_compile is
> > being called.
> Did you find out why this was happening?
Sorry.
mike_jaixen
I've encountered the same thing occasionally. I've never figured out why it happens, but when I talk to the user who submitted the preview, they say something didn't work, so they closed their preview window and tried again, and it worked. But the original request just kept on spinning on the server for hours and sometimes days. I just kill the process to free up the CPU cycles.