Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
visualformatconfig.xml
disco
Hi,
Does anyone have any examples on how to configure the above file to allow the upload of media files through ftp or http? Basically, I would like to allow users to upload images without having to log in.
Specifically, I need to reconfigure the following section.
<mediafiles>
<cmd name="cmdmfumedia" key="picture" ref="cmdPic" enabled="true"/>
<!-- 0 is unlimited size -->
<maxsizek>0</maxsizek>
<validext>gif,jpg,png,jpeg,jif</validext>
<mediaconfig enabled="true" allowedit="true"/>
<!-- If this section is not defined it will default to FTP with no settings -->
<!-- The attribute 'type' values "ftp" and "file" are handled within the editor. -->
<!-- The scripting will load the page specified in the type attribute. -->
<transport enabled="true" type="ftp" xfer="binary" pasv="true">
<!-- Encrypt username and password using Ektron's encrypt.exe program. -->
<!-- blank for user entry -->
<username encrypted="true"></username>
<password encrypted="true"></password>
<!-- Set to 0 for default port number -->
<port>0</port>
<!-- Upload location is: [domain]+[xferdir]+[filename] -->
<domain></domain>
<!-- e.g., ftp.mydomain.com -->
<!-- Directory transferred into relative to domain -->
<xferdir src="[eWebEditProPath]/upload"/>
<!-- Referencing a file through HTTP is: [webroot]+[filename] -->
<!-- if webroot is blank then it defaults to xferdir value -->
<webroot src=""/>
<!-- Possible values for resolvepath are: full, host, local, given -->
<resolvemethod value="local" src="" resolve="false" allowoverride="true"/>
<roottobaseurl value="true"/>
</transport>
</mediafiles>
I guess I just need the ftp domain for the teamsite server. Is one provided with the default install? What can I provide for username and password so that users don't get prompted?
I'm on TeamSite 5.5.2. Solaris 7.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
David
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DougD
This section of the manual (from Ektron's site) may help:
http://www.ektron.com//software/released/ewebeditproxml/v26/drg/wwhelp/js/html/frames.htm
The encrypt.exe program mentioned can be downloaded from:
http://www.ektron.com/software/released/installation/ewebeditpro/Encrypt.exe
The user guide for encrypt is at:
http://www.ektron.com/software/released/installation/ewebeditpro/EncryptUsersGuide.pdf