Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow
ddunning
Folks
Please consider this example.
I have several tasks that are created on Monday. Jim is the CONTENT MANAGER for these tasks.
Tuesday Jim quits, and John is promoted to the CONTENT MANAGER.
For all tasks that have been created on Wednesday, once they are completed, they are automatically sent to John (this is the correct function).
However, the tasks that were created on Monday are still trying to go to Jim instead of John.
I am trying to locate the location where the content manager for Monday tasks are still referencing Jim as the content manager, so that I can transition these tasks to John. I have looked at the iwgetwfobj <jobid> to see if the content manager name for the current and parent jobs contain this information. Can someone point me in the right direction as to figuring this situation out. Thanks.
Dan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think you might be best off writing some [Perl] code to traverse through the entire workflow registry and find all occurances of job-owner and task-owner with a value of 'X' and change it to 'Y'.
The Perl modules I'd suggest looking at are TeamSite::WFsystem, TeamSite::WFworkflow, and TeamSite::WFtask - I believe that between those three modules you could create a utility that would allow you to do exactly what you want. If you're creative about it, you could probably make the utility flexible enough to use for various such operations, otherwise keep-it-simple and make it focus solely on replacing ownership of jobs and tasks.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com