Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Launch Pad on MacOS
vlahogiannis
We have some MacOS users who are having trouble uploading content via Launch Pad. This occurs when users try and File->Import
1. Files are getting imported but temporary files are being created but not removed.
2. Once the files are uploaded they cannot be read by non-mac users.
Anyone see weird behavior like this? we are running TS 5.5.2 on Solaris.
Our Mac users are using WebDesk Pro in IE5.X on Mac 0S 9.X
THANKS!
-gv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Not sure which Service Pack you've got, but try 5.5.2 >= SP3 and
see if that helps.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
wadis_julia
I understand IE will no longer be an option for Mac OS 10 users. Does Interwoven support the Safari browser on Mac OS 10? (We're at 5.5.2 now and plan to go to 6.1 this summer.
Edited by wadis_julia on 03/26/04 04:14 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
wadis_julia,
There is some general 6.1 info here
https://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/teamsite6/teamsite6_1_overview.pdf
What I believe has been annouced is OS X 10.2 & Mozilla 1.5.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Adam Stoller
First off - IE still exists for the Mac, and I believe is still supported by MS - *but* they are not planning to make any new releases of it.
I'm waiting for the 6.1 release so I can check it out in Safari - I've also got Mozilla, Firefox, Camino, and Netscape to play with....
Some of them work "sort of" with the 6.0L release - but I'm holding back filing any problems until the 6.1 release.
I also have to assume that although the support is supposed to be for MacOS 10.2 - that it should work just as well with MacOS 10.3 which has been out for a while now.
I'll be happier when it all works from the Mac.
I'd be even happier if I could actually run the server on my Mac (and OD as well) - but I think that's more of a pipe-dream for now...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
6.1 is available here:
https://support.interwoven.com/esd2/UI_ESDSelProduct.asp?PCatID=35&CatName=TeamSite
Note: You need support access for this link.
lissa
Adam Stoller
Unfortunately - that link is no good as it is the result of having gone through access verification which if you try to visit without having gone through that verification (even if you've logged into the support site) - will take you to an error page.
Also - there appear to still be issues with TS6 certified consultants being able to access downloads through their certified consultant support accounts
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
i've asked someone to check into the access problem you hit. Sorry the link doesnt work, I forgot you have to click the "i agree" which messes up the redirect.
lissa
Migrateduser
Fish,
Yes, OS X 10.3 should be okay. Not officially blessed, but a couple of people
internally have been using it with 6.1 and report it's fine.
Safari, IE, etc will probably have issues. There are (were?) a lot of JavaScript
bugs in the Safari browser. I understand the latest release of Safari has less
JavaScript bugs, but Mozilla 1.5 is the supported one. :-)
[ Disclaimer: I am not a Mac guy. ]
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Adam Stoller
Yes, OS X 10.3 should be okay. Not officially blessed, but a couple of people internally have been using it with 6.1 and report it's fine.
Good - it would probably be worth officially blessing it for the next SP/release.
Safari, IE, etc will probably have issues. There are (were?) a lot of JavaScript bugs in the Safari browser. I understand the latest release of Safari has less JavaScript bugs, but Mozilla 1.5 is the supported one. :-)
Yeah, Safari definitely had some problems and I'm not sure they're all resolved with the latest version (1.2.1) - but hopefully you folks will send bug reports to Apple regarding any problems you find with their product ...)
[ Disclaimer: I am not a Mac guy. ]
We won't hold that against you :-)
Thanks for the update.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com