Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
An Observation
System
Of the over 8000 alleged registered DevNet users, less than 100 are shown to have posted 50 times or more.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AKB
That was a good observation...how did u get that data ?
gzevin
.. and these 8000 users can't be wrong!
(as stated on the iwov support site)
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
skip11
Yeah, most are using the site as a mail portal.
RB
JonathonG
Many use DevNet just for the Tech Library. I know that there are at least 3 people that I work with who have never posted, but log in to DevNet at least once a week to search for documents....
Of course, that 8000 number is cumulative registrations. I would be willing to bet that there is a significant percentage who registered once to find the information they needed and haven't been back since.
*Active* users is probably somewhere between the 100 frequent posters and the 8000 *registered*.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
Just look at the User List in reverse order of number of posts...there's 25 people per page...on page 4 the bottom 4 folks have less than 50 posts...do the math
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Too funny, Greg...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
It's too bad - this site could be so powerful, expecially since Interwoven has decided not to hold GearUp and Focus Groups. The Focus Groups made a difference. If more people posted here and voiced their concerns, more good changes would happen. If people don't speak up, nothing will change.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
& Dave, I see you are trying to pad your number of posts, trying to catch fish eh ?
Migrateduser
I'm not trying to catch fish anymore - I gave up on him a long time ago. It's you and John I'm trying to keep my distance from. The closer you both get, the more "ditto" posts you'll be seeing from me.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
It also seems as if Interwoven has less and less presence on their own site.
Migrateduser
John,
Are you saying that there's less replies from Interwoven folks now days?
- Jason
Migrateduser
It seems that way to me, especially when I specifically ask for input from Interwoven. It seems like they had more time to ack posts in the past (and wasn't there a commitment for them to ack anything that wasn't resolved by other members)?
Migrateduser
I also think the Interwoven folks have managed to disappear slowly from DevNet. Sure we get the marketing folks blowing smoke still, but the engineers seem to have disappeared for the most part. At least in the workflow area, it used to be that James, Brinko, Ghoti and even Evers once in a while would respond fairly regularly. Used to be that they could rest on Ghoti's laurels, but Ghoti can't be lumped in with the Interwoven folks anymore (he is still the most valuable resource on DevNet, though). With all the new stuff coming out, and the obvious struggles some of us are going through now, and more will experience as they move to 6.x, you would think Interwoven would be more proactive in helping us out here. Maybe they're all moving to the MediaBin and WorkSite side of the fence. TeamSite doesn't have as much of a future sales potential as those products have.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
>It also seems as if Interwoven has less and less presence on their own site.
I do not know if this is true.
I have seen some IW people post (since I worked there I know who they are) but, like
most of us, they do not sign the post or keep their profile updated.
So I think there is more participation than you would think.
me
Migrateduser
I'm thinking of specific usernames that used to post but no longer do....maybe they got laid off or post under more anonymous IDs now. Anyway there seem to be less issues resolved on devnet than I had expected.
Migrateduser
> you would think Interwoven would be more proactive in helping us out here
I think most people/organizations given the choice of helping people for free vs. charging ludicrous amounts for "consulting" (stupid things like updating regexes in templating.cfg) would choose the latter.
Migrateduser
I've done some other statistics on DevNet, based on logins as opposed to posts. There are a decent number of folks who are read-only people, who will never post, but will read the forums and the techlib. I will try to dig out some of this data, and put it up on this site. There is some of this data here:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi//browse/DevNetStats.html
I'll also be sure to link the stats back to a page folks can see. Somehow that got left off the membership tab.
WIth regard to internal IWOVers posting, I think we're pretty steady here. I've noticed new folks joining in. I usually run these stats and share them internally, and I haven't done that for a while either. Many engineers have time windows when they are not active on DevNet because they are working towards a deadline, but they'll be back when the deadline has been reached.
I do encourage employees to identify themselves in their profiles, but as someone mentioned, not everyone does.
Regards,
lissa
Gregg Faus
I would also say that some employees are cautious in their posts because some people (not to mention names) take these words and find opportunities to rip into them. I've seen this behavior increase in the past few months with Teamsite 6 issues and it is a bit of shame. Albeit, some of these issues are warranted, others are just flames.
Migrateduser
I'd say a "slew" of people are guilty of this offense.
- Jason
Migrateduser
Go ahead and mention my name. It's ok with me.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
>I'd say a "slew" of people are guilty of this offense.
Smitty = a slew
OK, I can buy that.
Migrateduser
I've been called worse...probably as we speak
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
gee - after reading that I realized that, well, Smitty - you slewed me :-)
(what? you didn't think I'd let this thread go by without at least one post from me - did you? I'm still trying to double Smitty's number of posts ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Ditto
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com