Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get Total Number of Assets
System
I am trying to get the total number of Assets currently in our Media Library. This will be displayed in a report with other information such as download and retrievals, etc. I've been able to find most of what I need using SQL, but I can't seem to find the actual number of assets. Is there a query I can run against the database, or something I'm missing in the COM API?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Here are queries that will work currently. Direct database queries, however, are not guaranteed to be portable between versions.
MediaBin Version 2.4-3.0:
select count(*) from assetRefs
Version 4.0
select count(*) from assetRefs where isContainer = 0
Note this will include "ghost" images inthe process of being inserted.
We will consider in future making some of these API calls that will be supported in future releases.
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Architect
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, we're still using v2.3. We do not have an assetRefs table. Do you have any other suggestions?
lyman
We definitely don't recommend direct database queries before 2.4. There have been substantial improvements. Perhaps I can be of assistance in helping you through any barriers to getting to a more modern version (3.0 or 4.0). What obstacles do you have to an upgrade?
Lyman