Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Change Multi-Select to Signle-Select with FormAPI
whysguy
Greetings,
I have an urgent FormAPI challenge! I have an item that in some cases needs to be single-select, and in other cases the same item needs to be multi-select. I can't find a FormAPI method that would allow me to change this value of an item, and there is not DocumentWrite capability, so I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated?
Thanks
- Billy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Unfortunately, this property isn't available through FormAPI. The only think I can suggest is an onChange handler which alerts the user if they've selected multiple and the conditions aren't right for multiple selections to be allowed. Admittedly, a bit of a hack/workaround, but may be worth pursuing.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Adam Stoller
How about two selection fields in which one of them is always hidden - and use FormAPI to determine (based on some logic within the DCT) which one should be hidden and which one should be visible?
You'd have to have the PT code (or any code that's going to parse the DCR) check both fields for values though.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
whysguy
Thanks Jonathan, that may be an option.
whysguy
That was my original thinking, but I am using DataDeploy to deploy this item and it needs to be deployed to the same table. It may work, but I am a little uneasy about it.
Thanks for the feedback.
- Billy