Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
close does not work for certain DCRs
nipper
Another strange one.
I have a DCR, saves file. Close button says closing & nothing happens. Repeatable for that DCR, other DCRs work fine.
Create new DCR with name TEST, (same data) it works. Move new DCR to the problem DCR it fails. We are using
the buttondisabler code posted last year. TS 552 SP4 Solaris 8.
While we have some formapi, there is nothing sitting on the close event (that I can see). Closing the window
works fine and then you can submit. Still is a pain.
Anyone see this before ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
never seen it
corrupted EA's on the dcr?????
Adam Stoller
It sounds like you're using FormAPI - yes?
I'd stick alerts all over the place to track what's happening with the FormAPI code - as it might be that it's dying somewhere for an unexpected reason and stopping the save process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
>It sounds like you're using FormAPI - yes?
>I'd stick alerts all over the place to track what's happening with the FormAPI code - as it might be that it's dying somewhere for an unexpected reason and >stopping the save process.
THat is what I thought, but it is the Close event that is stuck, not the save. So I save, it completes (the close button is greyed out during
save) then close. It says Closing...... and nothing happens. Strangest d**n thing I have ever seen.
Andy
Migrateduser
Here's some code (not tested since changes for posting) that can help with debugging formapi (just call debug instead of alert - this way you can skip all the alerts after getting the info you need, and your users should never see your debug statements even if you forget and leave them in).
var globalDebugFlag = isTeamSiteDeveloper();
function getUserName()
{
var user = IWDatacapture.getUser();
if ( user.indexOf( "\\" ) > -1 )
{
user = user.substring( user.indexOf( "\\" ) + 1 );
}
return( user ).toLowerCase();
}
function debug( msg )
{
if ( globalDebugFlag )
{
globalDebugFlag = confirm( msg + "\n\n" + 'Press "OK" (Enter) to continue debugging, or "Cancel" (ESC) to stop.' );
}
}
function isTeamSiteDeveloper()
{
return( new RegExp( '^(dev1|dev2|etc.)$' ).test( getUserName()));
}
debug( 'whatever' );
Migrateduser
nipper, we've had the same problem for several months now and I've been unable to find a solution. Sometimes the long wait for a close finishes with a nice Explorer crash though.
Not much help, but at least your not alone.