Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Replicants in TS 6.0 DCT
agoldschmidt
When I use this in my DCT:
<item name="rep" pathid="rep" min="3" max="3" default="3">
<textarea external-editor="visualformat" required="t"/>
</item>
I get this in my DCR:
<item name="rep"><value><item name="rep"><value><p>a</p>
</value></item>
</value><value><item name="rep"><value><p>a</p>
</value></item>
</value><value><item name="rep"><value><p>a</p>
</value></item>
</value></item>
When I go to edit the DCR, the replicant fields are blank. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Allen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
That's new DCT syntax to me - is this non-IWOV DCT or is this a new 6.x syntax?
agoldschmidt
Yes. I'm using datacapture6.0.dtd. BTW, this syntax passes iwxml_validate.ipl.
MikaV
Same problem here. I'm using TS 6.
Adam Stoller
A shot in dim-light:
How did you define the dcr-type within templating.cfg? Do you have dcr-type="iwov" or dcr-type="xml"
If I'm reading the documentation correctly, in order to use datacapture6.0.dtd you must use the *latter* ("xml" - not "iwov")
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
MikaV
I have dcr-type="iwov"...
Thanks.
Adam Stoller
Does changing it to "xml" fix the problem you were having?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Sri
Hi,
><item name="rep"><value><item name="rep"><value><p>a</p>
></value></item>
The content in the value tag is the output HTML from the visual format. The output is encoded so that resulting DCR is a well-formed XML.
Did you actually type anything in the visualformat field? If you did not type anything, but just entered some spaces, ektron control returns bunch of "<p>" tags. When you reopen the DCR, you see empty spaces as there is nothing to display. You can also click on "view source'" button in the visualformat toolbar to actually look and verify the HTML generated by visualformat.
If you actually did type something in the visualformat field, and not seeing what you typed when you reopen, then it is a bug and please file it with appropriate priority with our tech-support. It'll be addressed in future releases.
Sri
agoldschmidt
I'm actually entering something into the field and it's not being displayed when I edit the record.
I've entered a ticket with Interwoven and the engineer is working on it. I can't imagine that it's a bug because this is the most basic replicant functionality.
Thanks.
MikaV
No. Changing from "iwov" to "xml" produces valid xml, but editing doesn't work at all. All fields are blank. And I've already made tpl which works with "iwov" dcrs.
I'll use "iwov" and datacapture5.0.cfg combination like fish said.
Drew_The_Goat
Hi All,
I have found this issue as well in 6.1 I have a replicant field (converted to the syntax <textarea required="t" rows="25" cols="63" wrap="virtual" min="1" max="10"/>) and sure enough, when opening a saved DCR all the content in the replicant is blank. If I view the file from the command line I can see the content is still there. If I make the replicant only a single occurance, I don't not have the problem with the content disappearing in the form.
I am using the "xml" output setting.
Has this been formally captured as a bug with 6.1 or should I open a case as well?
Thanks!
Drew
Adam Stoller
If you're using TST's DTD (which includes the min/max values on items like textarea) then the data-type should be defined as "iwov" not "xml" in the templating.cfg.
If you have pre-existing DCRs that used to specify 'replicant's which you have now changed to use the replicating item syntax in the DCT - I believe the problem is due to the change in structure of the DCT - and the only way to fix it so you can see the data that is already stored in the DCR is to restructure all pre-existing DCRs. I'm not sure of the exact characteristics of the structural change - but if you take a pre-existing DCR and a brand-new DCR with similar content, you should be able to figure out what aspects of the structure changed and then use a Perl or XSLT script or something to apply that structural change to all your pre-existing DCRs.
If I am correct (the above is, shall we say, an educated guess) then I think this would make good fodder for a feature request for Interwoven to provide (perhaps a CLT given an 'old' and 'new' DCT and a templatedata/category/data-type/data vpath - traverse through all DCRs and restructure according to the change in DCTs)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Drew_The_Goat
Hi Fish,
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post- I am creating a brand new DCR with a 6.1 DCT (not opening an older 5.5.2 version), and the reason I have it set to data-type="xml" is so that I can write a custom XML structure using "pathid" item attribute (instead of it outputting the <item<value> iwov structure). So when I create a new DCR that has a replicant field (or technically, an item with min, max setting) and save it, the next time I try to edit it the replicant field is collapsed and when I open it with the "+" sign it is blank (although when I view the file in the filesystem the content is still there).
Just for the heck of it I changed the data-type to "iwov" and created a DCR. This time when I went to edit it ALL the fields were blank!! I think this may be becasue I am using the location and pathid attributes and the templating engine might be getting confused.
I have opened up a case with IW, just wondering if others still face this issue.
Thanks!
Drew
Migrateduser
Can you post the DCT or a snippet of it?
______________________
Kerry Kartchner
Interwoven, Inc.
Drew_The_Goat
Hi,
Oddly I cannot reproduce this behavior now. agoldschmidt, were you able to get the repeating fields to work ok?
Here is the repeating field code I used:
<item name="Text" pathid="content/text" min="1" max="10">
<textarea required="t" rows="25" cols="63" wrap="virtual" />
</item>
Thanks,
Drew
kajjubee
I had this problem as well. I had pathid attribute for a container instead of location attribute. Try running iwdctverifier.ipl and see if it passes that.