Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Capturing Data Passed to Perl Script From FormAPI
whysguy
Greetings,
I am attempting to pass text to a perl script from formAPI. I think I am passing the data correctly, I just don't know how to retrieve it from within the perl script. Here is the code for passing the data:
-- Begin FormAPI Code --
function loadData(){
var params = new Object();
params.query_string = "my query";
var server = window.location.hostname;
IWDatacapture.callServer("http://"+server+"/iw-bin/dbutilitles/test.ipl", params);
}
-- End FormAPI Code --
I'm not sure how to start the perl script to capture the data passed in. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
- Billy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Based on what you showed, try this:
#!/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl -w
use TeamSite::CGI_lite;
use strict;
$|=1;
my $cgi = TeamSite::CGI_lite->new();
$cgi->parse_data();
my $query_string = $cgi->{form}{query_string};
...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
whysguy
That did the trick! Thanks fish.