Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OutOfMemoryError For OD Reports
ashokc
Hi,
I am running OpenDeploy/5.6.0/1.0 & OpenDeployAdmin/5.6.0/1.0 on a Solaris 2.8 host with Teamsite 5.5.2.
Everything was working fine for a while, but now when I start the Admin Server
/etc/init.d/iwtcboot start
I see the following error pop up in odadmin/log
2004-03-26 14:48:25,047 [main] INFO - Initializing event reporting system...
2004-03-26 14:48:25,098 [InitThread] INFO - Starting event reporting system...
2004-03-26 14:48:25,099 [InitThread] INFO - Stopping event reporting system...
2004-03-26 14:48:25,105 [InitThread] INFO - Event reporting system stopped.
2004-03-26 14:48:38,987 [InitThread] ERROR - Could not create subscriber Subscriber-16.
2004-03-26 14:48:39,021 [InitThread] INFO - Reason:
javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to createSubscriber java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server t
hread; nested exception is:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at org.exolab.jms.client.rmi.RmiJmsSessionStub.createSubscriber(Unknown Source)
....
The result is that the reports are not working. That is, when I make a deployment, it shows up as running (View Deployments link) and completes fine. But when I later go to Reports and choose quick Reports & select an item, I see nothing. At a minimum I should see the deployment I just made.
I have my tables on Oracle, and I see that they are NOT getting any new records. So that is the problem. Upon completion of a deployment, the OD agent is NOT able to insert new records into the tables in the database.
The server has a lot of memory (total 1 GB) with over 303MB of free memory at this point in time.
I just got the server rebooted as well to clean out any zombie processes taking up memory/ports/cpu.
Any idea what I can do to resolve this? Thanks a lot for your help
- ashok
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Sounds like you've isolated the problem to the right component -- admin server's JMS isn't coming up and therefore can't subscribe to your deployment events. Did anything change in the admin's config files between the time it worked and the time it didn't?
You may need to open a case with Tech Support and supply the admin's log files to help identify the problem cause.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
brendang
HI,
Did you ever get a resolution to this? We are having exactly the same problem.
Thanks
brendang
HI,
Looking through the servletd.log I see an error about opening the database (I think???):
LOADED FINGER
2004-07-15 01:15:39 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler on 8081
2004-07-15 01:15:39 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting Ajp12ConnectionHandler on 8088
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:153)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:521)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:491)
at org.hsqldb.Column.readData(Column.java:1212)
at org.hsqldb.Row.<init>(Row.java:218)
at org.hsqldb.Cache.getRow(Cache.java:300)
at org.hsqldb.Row.getNode(Row.java:138)
at org.hsqldb.Node.getRight(Node.java:172)
at org.hsqldb.Index.next(Index.java:561)
at org.hsqldb.TableFilter.next(TableFilter.java:293)
at org.hsqldb.Parser.processUpdate(Parser.java:230)
at org.hsqldb.Database.execute(Database.java:254)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcConnection.executeStandalone(jdbcConnection.java:994)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcConnection.execute(jdbcConnection.java:721)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(jdbcStatement.java:686)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(jdbcStatement.java:85)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(jdbcPreparedStatement.java:152)
at com.interwoven.deploy.event.TServerEventListener.onEndMessage(TServerEventListener.java:287)
at com.interwoven.deploy.event.TServerEventListener.onMessage(TServerEventListener.java:150)
at org.exolab.jms.client.JmsMessageConsumer.onMessage(Unknown Source)
If anyone can offer any help I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks
Migrateduser
Are you using the supplied demo database, or your own?
Was the reporting capability working before, or is this the first time you're trying to get it going?
Which version of OD do you have... 5.6 or 6.0? Reporting table schema changed in 6.0, so if you just upgraded, you need to remember to update the schema per the documented instructions.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
brendang
HI,
Sorry, I should have included that information. We're using OD 5.6 right now. Reporting was working fine for about 2 weeks, then we got this error. IW Support suggested reinstalling the admin server which we did. It worked for about 2 weeks and it's started happening again.
Thanks
Migrateduser
The bundled demo database (Hypersonic hsql) is not intended for production use. Have you tried using a commercial database for holding the reports data?
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com