Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
prevent replicant relocation
System
This application has a replicant that always iterates three times and contains only readonly values used by some custom generation logic. The order of the replicant instances is important, so I'm trying to find a way to prevent the up and down buttons from functioning. Because the DCR structure is already set there is no way to make this three containers. Other than hiding the entire replicant is there any way to prevent users from moving the instances around?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Unless there's some [as-yet] unkown way to control the ability of allowing re-arranging the instances of a replicated item, the only thing I can think of off the top-of-my-head is to have a read-only / hidden element within each replicant instance that records the correct order - and thus regardless of what some user may do, you can always re-order the entries yourself (probably have some FormAPI code to notify the user that the change they're attempting to make may not actually get made or something like that - though I'm not sure whether an onChange event would occur...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
is it that important for the item to be a replicant? can't you place 3 independent items in a container?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I think containers might be one approach, but this was implemented before I got here and the code has already been delivered to the customer (so they have started working with DCRs) - I could implement containers but then I would have to have some kind of switch in the code (if DCT written before john do this, otherwise do this) and maintain both approaches/codebases. It seems like there should be a way to disable the replicant buttons without hiding the replicants.
Grundy
My first thought would be to use FormAPI to set the readonly property on the parent item. But I haven't had a chance to experiment and see whether this does the trick.
What version of Templating are you working in?
Migrateduser
I tried that but it didn't seem to help. This currently needs to work on various recent patches of 5.5.2 but it would be nice to find something requiring minimal rework for 6.1.