Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can't get formAPI working
jmcdonald
I'm a beginner at formAPI...using Teamsite 5.5.2 in Windows 2000 server. Browser is IE6.0.
I'm trying to add the following to the end of a DCT:
</container>
<script>
<![CDATA[
alert ("Hello, world!");
]]>
</script>
</ruleset>
</data-capture-requirements>
The IW.CFG file has the following:
[teamsite_templating]
# use_java_ui=false
# data_root=templatedata
use_formapi=true
formAPI just does not work..the "hello world" example above is not showing up.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You may have to iwreset, iwreset -a, iwreset -ui and/or reboot.
jmcdonald
Have done a reboot - but not iwreset -ui. Will reboot suffice?
Migrateduser
I think iwreset -ui may be required to rebuild the web app? And you are on 5.5.2 or later, right?
jmcdonald
Tried iwreset -ui, did not help. Incidentally, iw.cfg has "formapi=true" for a while (so we've done reboots). I did notice this line in iw.cfg: # use_java_ui=false.
Do we need to uncomment?
Yes, we are on 5.5.2
Migrateduser
That should work then. Send me your DCT and JS and I'll see if it works in an envirnment where FormAPI is already working.
jmcdonald
I dumbed it down as much as possible - just added a "Hello World" test at the bottom (which still isn't working)
mike_s
I have enable_formapi=true in iw.cfg instead of use_formapi so try changing your iw.cfg
I'm just looking into this myself but I think you need to do iwreset -a to re-read configs and restart services to register the change.
jmcdonald
ARg! That was it. I don't know why "use_formapi" was there...it should have been "enable_formapi"!!
Thanks for all the help!