Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Need to support Linux clients
terry1
Has anyone been able to provide templating support for linux clients.
Our school of mathematics use linux workstations, (they'll happily install any linux but won't entertain the idea of anything from Microsoft!) has anyone been able to provide templating for linux clients.
We're not too worried about VisualFormat, (that's activeX so they know it won't run,) any help or ideas would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
Hi Terry,
Mozilla is supposedly supported in 6.1 Try it on Linux client.. it might work.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
terry1
Thanks GZEVIN,
(nearly used your real name then!)
How's it going.
gzevin
don't worry, I sign with my real name
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Valentine
I am a "Linux Client", been using TeamSite w/o any problems since we installed it here in July 2003.
Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape all work fine.
Opera, Konqueror - do not work.
Migrateduser
Just some friendly hints:
We haven't *officially* tested linux clients with Mozilla.
Use Mozilla 1.4 or later; when I tried it with Mozilla 1.2, the popup menus are slightly broken.
Mozilla 1.5 is our officially supported release; so far I haven't found anything that doesn't work in 1.4, firefox, camino, or netscape 7.1.
With linux support in particular, I expect that if you have any problems, it will be in launchpad ("My Local Files") or the Source DIFF Applet, b/c they are both java applets
and the OJI Java plugins tend to be somewhat variable.
-Kerry
p.s.
Your mathematicians aren't the only ones who won't touch Microsoft. :-)
______________________
Kerry Kartchner
Interwoven, Inc.