Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
passing dynamic parameter to CGI callout
RalphFlores
Hi,
Is there someone here who has a sample code to pass a parameter to CGI callout? That parameter to be passed is the current value of another field (meaning... not the one calling the callout) from the DCT.
Thanks a lot for any help that you can provide.
Ralph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jens
Hi Ralph,
take a look at this. It's a similar problem
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=29966&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=
maybe this is an idea to solve your problem.
Ciao,
Jens
RalphFlores
Hi Jens,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reponse as I couldn't logon to the website the last few days.. Anyway, I tried copying the URL you provided and I get the "No Forum found" .. I guess some part of the URL is missing for "part="... Can you just double check for me please.
Thanks again for your reply.. I appreciate it.
Jens
Hi Ralph,
i checked the URL and it works. Anyway.
The post is only a few days ago.
Dynamically setting cgi-callout mccalla 85 3 03/29/04 12:09 PM
-- Jens
Migrateduser
Just a quick apology for the intermittent access to DevNet in the past few days. We believe we have corrected the problems, please post new issues in the bit bucket, with the approximate time/date and the error. thanks.
lissa
RalphFlores
Hi Jens,
I just got the forum item...(works fine now) Thanks for that. it really give me an idea. However, I find that some of the values are harcoded in the code.
var item = parent.datacapture.itemsRegistry.find(1);
where 1 is the instanceid of the object calling the callout. If I don't know what the instanceid of the calling item (a replicant item for instance)... do you know the command to get it? (I can get the name of the formElement say... "/repTopic[1]/strCourseTopic" but I don't know its objectinstanceId from runtime (after the user clicked on "+").
Thanks again,
Ralph