Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow that generates to multiple branches
tsrookie
Gidday all,
I have written a Workflow that generates our (privacy, disclaimer and copyright) pages to multiple branches form our admin branch.
The purpose is to retain one set of dcrs ( in the admin branch ) and apply branch specific presentation to the output pages.
What Im hoping to achieve is to also submit each of the generated pages.
Im using a submit task, I find that if the workflow is run from one of the other branches then the files generated to that branch only are the ones submitted,
the ones generated to the other branches are not submitted.
Any help appreciated
Thank you
Colin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
yes, the submit task will not work in the other branch, unless you change the branch for the workflow programmatically, or use iwupdate command from your external task.
we are aware of this issue and have implemented a workflow that does exactly what you asked
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Dwayne
Your workflow will need separate submit tasks for each branch. It's important to remember that all files attached to a task are relative to the workarea that's associated with that task, and that any one task can have only one workarea associated with it at a time.
You'll probably also want an external task to proceed each of those submit tasks, because you want to ensure that each submit task sees only those files which are in that branch. Otherwise, if all files are attached to all submit tasks, then those files which weren't appropriate to a given branch will be treated as a delete in that branch. Unless the list of files is identical for all branches. Then you don't need to worry about that aspect of it.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
tsrookie
Thanks again Greg for your input,
So rather than use a submit task just run iwupdate from within my external task to perform the Submit and skip the submit task all together.
Colin
tsrookie
For anyone whos interested.
I finally got this working,
I generate dynamically the workflow xml for each branch that I intend to deploy too when the workflow is instantiated.
For each branch that I am deploying too I create the following tasks
1) External task to generate
2) a Submit task
3) a Deploy Task
4) and an external task to notify of completion by email.
With each task you must set the areavpath to the appropriate branch
successors and predecessors are set appropriately as well.
Colin