Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inserting a new attribute in the <item> tag
cheeku
I have inserted an extra attirbute in the item tag of DCT(apart from the 'name' attribute). When I save the DCR, this attribute does not get saved in the XML of the DCR, only 'name' attribute is saved. why?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Because the DCR is written out from the data captured in the DCT - the code that does that only checks for, and outputs, the attributes it knows about.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cheeku
I made the following changes in datacapture5.0.dtd
added new attribute 'title'
<!ELEMENT container (label?, description?, (%items
+)>
<!ATTLIST container
name CDATA #REQUIRED
title CDATA #REQUIRED
hide-name (t | f) "f"
combination (and | or) "and"
>
<!ELEMENT item (label?, description?, database?, (checkbox | radio | text | textarea | select | replicant | browser | readonly | hidden)+)>
<!ATTLIST item
name CDATA #REQUIRED
title CDATA #REQUIRED
item-id ID #IMPLIED
source-id IDREF #IMPLIED
rowcontinue (t|f) "f"
colspan CDATA #IMPLIED
>
And in dcr4.5dtd:
added 'title'
<!ELEMENT item (value*) >
<!-- items are enumerations of values -->
<!ATTLIST item
name CDATA #REQUIRED
title CDATA #REQUIRED
>
I have added 'title' attrib in the item and container tags, in the same sequence as in dtd i.e. after 'name' attrib. When I open up new dcr , it gives error.
Is is possible to add an attrib this way?
Adam Stoller
No - the DTD's shipped with TeamSite Templating are for reference only - they are not actually used by the software.
If you want a custom DCT structure - create one of type "xml" (rather than "iwov") For which you can supply your own DTD (I've never actually done this, so I don't remember what additional steps, if any, are required to do all this).
If you want to use Interwoven's DCT structure - you have to use it as-is - you cannot modify it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com